Number plate design
Motorists can find themselves with a fine up to £1,000 if plates are displayed illegally.
From fonts, to supplier and manufacturer marks plus registrations with specific spacing, there are strict rules about how a number plate must be designed.
This section provides clear advice what can and can't be done in a number plate design.
Mandatory plate design elements:
- Registration mark (as issued by DVLA)
- Supplier's name and postcode (matching the RNPS)
- Manufacturer's British Standard mark, positioned in the bottom right of the plate.
- Retroreflective (yellow for rear, white for front)
- Passes the tests for BS AU 145e
Optional plate design elements: